Thursday 5 September 2013

Newmarket Nights - Meatloaf

I've grown up listening to a lot of the old stuff, music wise. I love 80s and 90s music and 8 times out of 10 will choose to listen to that over current music. At the risk of sounding old... They just don't make music like they used to! Anyway, amongst other bands and artists, Meatloaf is one of my favourites. When I found out that one of his last ever tour dates was literally half an hour up the road, I knew I had to be there!

Newmarket Nights is when bands/artists play live in the evening, after the horse racing that takes place throughout the day. Horse racing doesn't appeal to us but all of the tickets for such events include the day and evening part so we were in a bit of a predicament.. After talking to Aarons uncle, turned out they knew how/where to go to watch the bands/artists for free so we went along with them and their very well behaved dog, Winnie.

Meatloaf Newmarket Nights Racecourse

We got the train so Aaron could drink and so his uncle and other half could take Winnie. It was a long walk from the train station to the racecourse but the sun was setting which was gorgeous to watch as we were walking.. We got there just in time and within minutes, Meatloaf was on stage. He was awesome! Considering how old he is now and the fact that he apparently collapsed the night before, he put on a great show and I'm so happy we got to go as we wouldn't have had another chance and I'd have regretted it. Once he'd finished, we made our way back to the train station (which I swear down nearly killed me) and headed home, via the kebab shop..

I was knackered. My whole body ached.. But it was so worth it! The next morning I Googled how far the train station is from the racecourse.. 3.5 miles EACH WAY! I cannot believe I walked 7 miles.. Considering I've always been someone that doesn't enjoy walking too. Proud moment! We have said that if/when we go to another one, we'll drive as you can park literally 2 minutes walk from where we stood. Who knows, maybe next summer when they're on again, I'll be able to drive us so Aaron can still have a drink!

If you could see anyone live, who would it be and why? xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment