Tuesday 20 August 2013

Small Superdrug Haul

It's not often I get to treat myself to things, although now have a job I can't wait to have a good spend! It's been way too long. A big chunk of my first wage will go on clothes, it's shocking how old my clothes are and I very rarely leave the house feeling good about what I'm wearing so expect some outfit posts when I start spending :) Then I have a beauty product wishlist the size of my arm.. Plus I want to do my driving, we'd like a nice holiday, a newer car and to move to a nicer house too... There's no rush though, it's all just "stuff" at the end of the day, isn't it.. I'm grateful for everything I already have, anything else is a bonus :)
Anyway! Here's what I bought!

Haul Reat Techniques Sleek Rimmel Barry M

I tend to shop in Superdrug more than Boots because 99% of the time, their prices are lower. I also like how when you spend your loyalty card points, you can split it with money meaning you don't have to add it all up unlike at Boots where you can't split money with points and when you want to spend the points, you have to add your items up to make sure whatever you're buying falls within that. What a palava!!

Real Techniques Blush Brush

If you saw my last wishlist, you'll know I've been after the Real Techniques Blush Brush (£9.99). I've never been a big wearer of blusher but since getting into make up (which is only really since blogging) I've wanted to make more of an effort and in order to wear blusher, I need a lovely soft, pink brush to apply it with, obviously! ;)

Kate Moss for Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in #03

I never wore lipstick until I started blogging. There, I said it.. Blimey! I had a couple of lip glosses (clear ones!) but no lipstick. The only reason for this was that I just wasn't that bothered about make up before - I didn't even wear foundation until 2 years ago! :O I'd just wear mascara and lip gloss. Now I have a growing collection of lipsticks, which I much prefer to lip gloss. This is the Kate Moss for Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in #03 (£3.99). I do wish they had names! It's a lovely, creamy lipstick in a pinky/brown blue-toned nude colour. I like nude colours :)

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine nail polish in Blueberry

Another product I've been lusting after is Barry M Gelly Hi Shine nail polish in Blueberry (£3.99). The matchbox sized Superdrug store in my town was always sold out so it wasn't until I went to the next town, I was actually able to pick it up! What a gorgeous colour it is. I can't stop looking at my nails when I wear it. Unfortunately it chips pretty quickly, even with a topcoat, I had a chip the following day. The longest lasting colour I've found from the Gelly range so far is Pomegranate, which easily lasts a week without chipping and I can't say that about many polishes at all.

Sleek Face Form Contouring and blush palette in light

Another product I've happily ticked off my wishlist is the Sleek Face Form Contouring and blush palette in light (£9.99). I have wanted this for so long, isn't it just the most beautiful thing you've ever seen!? I've never tried to contour my face but always been very intrigued so I'm finally going to push the boat out and give it a go!


The colours are very pigmented and so gorgeous, especially the blush which has a golden shimmer to it. I can't wait to try it out! I'll have to put pictures on when I do - providing I don't end up looking like a clown that is ;) hahaha. I love the packaging too, it feels nice to hold?! Ooh and a nice big mirror inside too, how handy!
The only thing that annoyed me about this was that someone had touched it, which unfortunately I didn't realise until I'd got home. It annoyed me more because there was a tray for samples to go and none had been put out for this particular palette. Even if you're going to open it, do you really need to stick your mitts in it if you're not going to purchase it?! And if you wanted to swatch it, ask a member of staff where the sample is! Lesson learned for me anyway, I'll make sure to check next time!

Do you have any of these products? I'd love to hear your thoughts on them! xxx

10 comments:

  1. I picked up some similar products recently, i got the sleek face form kit and a barry m hi shine gel polish. Lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sleek palette is lovely isn't it :) and thank you :) x

      Delete
  2. The lipstick is a gorgeous colour. I'm really tempted to try the Sleek kit now.

    xo

    The Shelley Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. the sleek face powder kits look so practical! sounds like the best thing to have on your make-up bag

    from isabela at fusels.com | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have wanted to try that sleek kit for the longest time it just looks so amazing and everyone raves about it! Also that lipstick is such a lovely colour! Great choices hun!
    Hannah :) x

    Love, Life, and Makeup Blog/Twitter/Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I was - you should deffo get it! :) x

      Delete
  5. I love the Sleek palette ! And the RT brush ! Great choices

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete