Monday 6 May 2013

17 Miracle Matte Foundation Review

If you follow me on Twitter, you may well know that (like many other girls) I've been on the hunt for a good foundation. A few weeks ago I went shopping with my mum (if you missed my haul, click here) and was determined I was going to pick up a Rimmel or Revlon foundation. I ended up putting a Rimmel one down when I saw pink packaging over on the 17 stand. Big mistake. The prettiest bottle of foundation I've ever seen contains the worst foundation I've ever come across. Bugger.




17 Miracle Matte Foundation doesn't blend well at all - it dries too quickly so don't even think about trying to build it up because you'll just be pulling it right back off again and having clumpy bits which you can see above.. I tried it first off by using moisturiser, primer then foundation (like I normally do).. awful. I tried it without moisturiser and primer, still awful. I also tried to do it really quickly before it dried which wasn't too bad.. until I tried to set it with powder.. yep, you guessed it! - It pulled it all off again and looked like this:

Me sulking, haha.
The only things I did like about this foundation was the packaging, the price (£5.99), the fact that it has a pump and the fact that the shades are great for those with paler skin. Trouble is I'm not fussed about packaging, price or whether it has a pump if the product inside is actually good and there are other brands that cater for us girlies with lighter skin.
Unfortunately I can't comment on the fact that it claims to control shine for 16 hours because I couldn't have left the house with it on - I was honestly unable to get it to look even just okay but I haven't given up yet, I don't want it to go to waste so if anybody has any suggestions for me to try, do let me know!! It has a really thick consistency yet the coverage was pretty shocking, even on the bits that did apply alright.

Overall I was thoroughly disappointed in this product and definitely wouldn't recommend it or repurchase it. I had high hopes because I've used the 17 Miracle Matte Pressed Powder for months now and love it. I also really like their nail polish.. It hasn't put me off their products but I will do my research next time I think, especially before purchasing another foundation or a mascara or something.

Have you tried any 17 products? If so how have you got on with them? xxx

3 comments:

  1. This looks awful! It's terrible you had such a bad experience.


    Shang J.| The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my.. That looks horrible.. The nerve to sell those products!
    And you still try to find the good things in the product.. If a foundation looks like that, it deserves to be burned!

    Great review :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks horrible :( such a shame! Try the bourjois healthy mix serum - that's my favourite :) x

    ReplyDelete