Wednesday 3 October 2012

She Said Beauty Box: October.

I signed up for a SSBB in mid September, a couple of weeks before my Birthday as I was hoping to get the latest one for my Birthday (their website said if I subscribed then I would get the September box) however after me emailing them, I was informed that I would not be getting the September box because of a "problem" however days later the website still said if you subscribed you'd get the September box so I emailed again but was told I was too late now and would have to wait for the October box. So I waited patiently and yesterday my box arrived!


I was so excited (like a kid at Christmas! - which is 83 days away by the way!) but unfortunately I was disappointed with everything I got. At first I thought there had been a mistake - I wondered if my box got mixed up with the Borrowers!! ;) I'd looked at the previous boxes on other blogs and they had all been the sort of thing I'd have liked so I was sure I'd be happy.. but this box was completely different.

Here's a quick look at my box ^ if you want to know more, keep reading!
Don't get me wrong, I didn't completely hate my box it's just that on my profile where you choose the kind of things you'd like/wouldn't like, I put that I preferred make up products, nail polish and perfume over the other stuff. So you can see why I was disappointed - this is everything I said I wasn't as keen on receiving!


I asked SSBB customer care on Twitter (@xtiffyxx - follow me!) when they would be tailoring the boxes to match up to peoples profiles and they said they're working on it and 'hopefully soon.' To which I asked if it was likely to be in the next 6 months and they said they couldn't give a definite time frame yet. So to me it doesn't sound like it will be happening too soon which is such a shame - please bare this in mind if you've been thinking of subscribing.

Onto what I got..

Herbacin: Wuta Kamille Hand Cream, full size - 20ml: 99p. Or 100ml: £3.49.


".. contains a wealth of natural ingredients designed to protect your hands from all weather condition including Chamomile flower. This key ingredients smooths and moisturises hands to ensure the skins elasticity & softness."


This is the product I disliked the least. I will definitely be using it as I've been after a hand cream for my handbag and it leaves my hands feeling all silky which is nice. Unfortunately the lid is quite loose and it doesn't take much to come off so I'll have be to careful or my handbag will be ruined. To me it smells of aniseed, which I'm not too keen on but that is personal preference.

Cellnique: Advanced Bio Renewal Masque, 3g sample. Full size: 50g: $51.00.


".. formulated with a complex of fresh fruit enzymes and acids. It effectively works in exfoliating dead skin cells, optimizing the cellular renewal performance and deeply cleanses the pores, thus revealing a softer, fresher and healthier skin."

I didn't mind this product. I will definitely use it but will probably only get one use out of it which isn't enough to know if it works or not so it should have been a bit bigger. It has a nice fruity smell and it is grainy, which i prefer with face scrubs. The only disappointing thing is the size really.. Although its not in my price range anyway so there is no chance of me purchasing it.

B.Liv: Off With Those Heads, 3 ml sample.  Full size - 30ml: $49.00 or 45ml: $63.00.


"Say goodbye to painful squeezing! This light cooling gel promises to easily remove stubborn blackheads and whiteheads. It keeps excessive oil secretion under control while preventing future irritation and breakouts."

Again, a small sample but this one should get more uses to find out how good it is.. however it isn't in my price range anyway. I know it sounds funny but it smells very clean.. it almost has a clinical sort of smell about it which is neither good nor bad in my opinion. The biggest problem I have with this product is that it says it keeps excessive oil secretion under control (which i suffer with, boo!) however, on the bottle it says "it is normal for more oil to be secreted during initial period." So the point of the sample is...? - It basically tells you that you won't get to find out if the product works by using the sample. Based on this I wonder how many people would go and buy it..

Biao: Beauty Rejuvenating Night Creme, 2ml sample. Full size - 118ml: $24.50. 


"Pamper your skin night after night with triple action properties that sooth, moisturise and protect against premature aging. Reveal a youthful and more luminous skin tone."

First of all, if you can use this sachet night after night, you need a bigger face deserve a medal! Secondly, I'm only 24 (and I'm sure 99% of the subscribers are younger than 30) so I don't need to make my skin look youthful, it does that on its own! I won't be using this product.. It smells of rose which I'm not a fan of and I don't like night cream much either. Also I read on SSB website that some people got 2 of these and others only got 1 which I find strange - I'd be annoyed if I liked it but I don't so I guess it's just as well!

KeraStraight: Moisture and Protein Masks, each sample 10ml. Full size - 100ml: £25.00.


"Two revolutionary conditioning products designed to smooth and renew hair from the inside out. Each has been formulated using the same breakthrough protein technology as KeraStraight's Revolutionary professional salon treatment, cutting down on the time it takes to maintain your hair on a daily basis."

Apparently these smell real nice which is always a good thing. I am looking forward to giving them a go although I have a lot of hair so how far they go is another story! - A couple of each sample would have been good. My hair isn't in bad condition but I do get a few split ends in between cuts cause of straightening so we'll see if these make a difference or not. The sachet does say to use after a KeraStraight treatment to maximise benefits.. So I wonder how many of us will get the "maximum benefits"..


Lastly, my SSB "treat"...

myvitamins: Total Chromium supplement. Full size - 30 tablets: from £2.49.


 "To stave off the dreaded winter cold, the SSB Girls are on a bit of a health kick, which is why we chose myvitamins as our SSB Treat item this month! With four amazing varieties of vitamins there's something to suit all of your bodies needs. Prepare to be vitalized!"

This product is going straight in the bin, unfortunately. The packet doesn't tell you anything about it so I headed straight over to Google and I didn't like what I read. It says this: "Some people experience side effects such as skin irritation, headaches, dizziness, nausea, mood changes and impaired thinking, judgment, and coordination." and this "Chromium might affect brain chemistry and might make behavioral or psychiatric conditions worse. If you have one of these conditions, be careful when using chromium supplements. Pay attention to any changes in how you feel." The bad things far outweigh the "good" and our bodies make this so nearly all of us do not need to take it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against taking supplements at all - If you need them or if they don't have so many negatives things written about them. 


So there you have it, my October She Said Beauty Box and my full, honest opinion on all of the products I received. Do you get the SSBB? Link me to your October box write up, I'd love to know what others think of the products or if you got anything different :) 



6 comments:

  1. Not going to sub!:)

    laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you're chucking the vitamins! I would have glady had them off of you ha xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've recently stopped my subscriptions to all beauty boxes. This isn't one of the worst I've seen, it's a shame about the vitamins though as not everybody likes to take things like that! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like this months glossybox, full of samples! Very disappointed in beauty boxes :(

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have liked trying the hand cream! I am anyway obsessed about them:)


    Join the Insane Blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my i love boxes. Currently subscribed to 2 boxes. I am not sure i am liking your box. Weird. I like the mask :)

    Found you on friends followers . Follow u so hoping u will follow back and keep in touch. Love my beauty friends :)

    Www.rosdianalittleworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete